Baird Upgrades STMicroelectronics (STM) to Outperform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Baird upgraded STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) from Neutral to Outperform with a price target of $11.00 (from $7.00).
Analyst Tristan Gerra commented, "Upgrading to Outperform on the basis of a sequential reacceleration in EPS, restructuring savings, market share gains, and positive 3Q outlook. STMicro is gaining market share in MCUs, MEMS, and imaging. Gross margin catalysts include lower depreciation, unused capacity charges, manufacturing efficiencies, and currency, along with a rebounding top line."
Shares of STMicroelectronics closed at $8.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!