Baird Sees Potential Upside to Tesla's (TSLA) Q3 Sales Data; Affirms at 'Outperform'
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Baird affirms Tesla Motors (Nasdaq: TSLA) at Outperform with a price target of $338 ahead of expected Q3 sales data, which is expected out this weekend or early next week.
Analyst Ben Kallo commented today,
We expect TSLA will release Q3 delivery numbers early next week and believe there is upside potential for the stock as delivery expectations are low. Additionally, we believe shorts may return to TSLA after the delivery announcement as the SCTY acquisition progresses. We believe several catalysts could drive shares higher as we approach year-end, including more details about the Model 3, gigafactory ramp, and energy storage contract wins.
Although TSLA did not release specific quarterly guidance, our recent conversations have indicated a delivery number >20k vehicles would be viewed as positive. We estimate TSLA will have 12,000 Model S deliveries and 9,000 Model X deliveries, and the company has guided to a 50,000 deliveries in 2H:16.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Reiterates Buy on Noble Midstream Partners LP (NBLX) - PT to $47
- Deutsche Bank Starts Bruker (BRKR) at Hold
- Biogen's (BIIB) IP Settlement Removes Significant Overhang - Baird
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla, Definitive Agreement, Ben Kallo, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!