Baird Sees Minimal Read Through for Axovant (AXON) on Lilly's Sola Failure
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Baird analyst Brian Skorney came out to defend Axovant Sciences (NYSE: AXON), which was weaker on Lilly's solanezumab failure. The analyst sees no change for AXON and maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $29.
Skorney commented, "The Alzheimer's field was dealt a major blow today as Lilly announced that the Phase 3 EXPEDITION 3 trial in early Alzhiemer's disease failed. Despite the disappointment for the Alzhiemer's community, we think there is minimal readthrough to AXON. Sure, this is yet another reminder that Alzheimer's is a difficult disease, but intepirdine's mechanism and hypothesized benefits are entirely different from solanezumab's."
Shares of Axovant Sciences closed at $13.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!