Baird Sees Minimal Read Through for Axovant (AXON) on Lilly's Sola Failure
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Baird analyst Brian Skorney came out to defend Axovant Sciences (NYSE: AXON), which was weaker on Lilly's solanezumab failure. The analyst sees no change for AXON and maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $29.
Skorney commented, "The Alzheimer's field was dealt a major blow today as Lilly announced that the Phase 3 EXPEDITION 3 trial in early Alzhiemer's disease failed. Despite the disappointment for the Alzhiemer's community, we think there is minimal readthrough to AXON. Sure, this is yet another reminder that Alzheimer's is a difficult disease, but intepirdine's mechanism and hypothesized benefits are entirely different from solanezumab's."
Shares of Axovant Sciences closed at $13.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Axovant Sciences (AXON) Announces New Data Analysis from Phase 2b Trial
- Biogen (BIIB) active on headlines
- Mizuho Discusses Biogen (BIIB) Seizure Patient
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!