Baird Sees Minimal Read Through for Axovant (AXON) on Lilly's Sola Failure
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Baird analyst Brian Skorney came out to defend Axovant Sciences (NYSE: AXON), which was weaker on Lilly's solanezumab failure. The analyst sees no change for AXON and maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $29.
Skorney commented, "The Alzheimer's field was dealt a major blow today as Lilly announced that the Phase 3 EXPEDITION 3 trial in early Alzhiemer's disease failed. Despite the disappointment for the Alzhiemer's community, we think there is minimal readthrough to AXON. Sure, this is yet another reminder that Alzheimer's is a difficult disease, but intepirdine's mechanism and hypothesized benefits are entirely different from solanezumab's."
Shares of Axovant Sciences closed at $13.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces FTC Settlement
- Barclays Downgrades Cerner (CERN) to Equalweight
- Baird Remains Sidelined on Aqua America (WTR) Following Guidance Call
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!