Baird Remains Sidelined on Yelp (YELP) as Local Ad Strength Fuels 2Q Beat
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Baird reiterated a Neutral rating on Yelp (NYSE: YELP), and raised the price target to $35.00 (from $25.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Revenue of $173.4M exceeded $169.1M estimates, while Local advertising revenue of $151.9M was also above consensus expectations of $147.8M. FY16 revenue/EBITDA guidance was raised to $700-$708M and $100-$105M from $690-702M and adjusted EBITDA guidance of $93-105M.
Analyst Colin Sebastian commented, "YELP reported Q2 revenue/adjusted-EBITDA above the high end of guidance and consensus expectations, with strength across all advertiser cohorts (self-service, SMB, national). While the local ad landscape is increasingly competitive, Yelp's platform is clearly resonating with customers (repeat rates at all-time highs, ARPU growing across all customer types). As such, we are incrementally positive on shares, but Maintain a Neutral rating with a new $35 price target as we further assess the sustainability of Yelp's growth trajectory."
Shares of Yelp closed at $32.64 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- UPDATE: CommVault Systems (CVLT) PT to $62 at Mizuho Following Strong Q2
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!