Baird Recommends Buying SolarCity (SCTY) as a Trade, Expects Tesla (TSLA) Deal to Close
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall St, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Kallo commented, "We like SCTY as a short-term trade as the spread between SCTY’s share price and expected TSLA acquisition price is substantial, and we expect the deal to close. Under the proposed merger, SCTY shareholders would receive 0.11 TSLA shares per SCTY share, equivalent to ~$23 based on TSLA’s current price, which represents potential upside of >15% from current levels. We like SCTY as a short-term trade and we expect the stock to catch up to its deal price as the shareholder vote nears."
He maintained a Neutral rating and price target of $25 on SCTY.
Shares of SolarCity closed at $18.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA)/SolarCity (SCTY) Deal Spread Lowest Since Late August
- Burberry and Coach not in active merger talks: sources
- AT&T (T) said pushing to reach Time Warner (TWX) deal by Monday - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla, Definitive Agreement, Ben Kallo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!