Baird Recommends Buying SolarCity (SCTY) as a Trade, Expects Tesla (TSLA) Deal to Close
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Kallo commented, "We like SCTY as a short-term trade as the spread between SCTY’s share price and expected TSLA acquisition price is substantial, and we expect the deal to close. Under the proposed merger, SCTY shareholders would receive 0.11 TSLA shares per SCTY share, equivalent to ~$23 based on TSLA’s current price, which represents potential upside of >15% from current levels. We like SCTY as a short-term trade and we expect the stock to catch up to its deal price as the shareholder vote nears."
He maintained a Neutral rating and price target of $25 on SCTY.
Shares of SolarCity closed at $18.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Ingram Micro (IM)/Tianjin Deal Said to Receive Approval from China's SAFE - DealReporter
- Tesla's (TSLA) Price Target Cut to Street Low of $155 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla, Definitive Agreement, Ben Kallo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!