Baird Downgrades Nivalis Therapeutics (NVLS) to Neutral Following Clinical Failure
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Baird downgraded Nivalis Therapeutics (NASDAQ: NVLS) from Outperform to Neutral with a price target of $3.00 (from $29.00) after clinical trial failure.
Analyst Brian Skorney commented, "Nivalis announced that the company's flagship proof-of-concept study of cavosonstat in combination with Vertex's Orkambi failed to show an improvement in lung function. Although a second study is still ongoing, we believe the absence of any clinical effect indicates that cavosonstat isn't a relevant drug for cystic fibrosis. At this point, we are assuming that the company will wind down operations after completing the ongoing Kalydeco combination study. We are lowering our price target to $3."
Shares of Nivalis Therapeutics closed at $6.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Skeptics Are Quieter - Wedbush
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) Following Phase l Data Release
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!