Baird Downgrades Cempra, Inc. (CEMP) to Underperform; Bears Were Right
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Baird downgraded Cempra, Inc. (NASDAQ: CEMP) from Outperform to Underperform with a price target of $6.00 (from $33.00) post FDA briefing docs
Analyst Brian Skorney commented, "The bears turned out to be right on this one and we were wrong. We stuck with the company, against our better judgment, despite head-scratching dilution, questionable commercial strategy and material manufacturing issues and we are truly sorry for not seeing this outcome sooner. Time to turn the other way on the stock. Cash is $5 per share. Look for them to burn through this over the coming quarters. We are downgrading to Underperform with a $6 price target.
Shares of Cempra, Inc. closed at $18.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, FDA
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!