Baird Defends Axovant Sciences (AXON) After Lundbeck; No Change to Outlook
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Baird analyst Brian Skorney came out to defend Axovant Sciences (NYSE: AXON), which is getting slammed on rival Lundbeck top-line results.
Skorney commented, "Lundbeck reported failure of Phase 3 STARSHINE trial of idolapirdine, a 5-HT6 antagonist, sending shockwaves through Axovant's stock. However, we think the reaction was unwarranted, as there are some key differences on study powering and dosing that differentiate inteperdine and idalopirdine. We think that a potential trend on the primary endpoint is consistent with our view that idalopirdine is underdosed and underpowered and inteperdine will succeed where this competitor failed."
The analyst maintained an Outperform rating price target of $29.00
Shares of Axovant Sciences closed at $17.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla's (TSLA) Price Target Cut to Street Low of $155 at Cowen
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!