Baird Defends Axovant Sciences (AXON) After Lundbeck; No Change to Outlook
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Baird analyst Brian Skorney came out to defend Axovant Sciences (NYSE: AXON), which is getting slammed on rival Lundbeck top-line results.
Skorney commented, "Lundbeck reported failure of Phase 3 STARSHINE trial of idolapirdine, a 5-HT6 antagonist, sending shockwaves through Axovant's stock. However, we think the reaction was unwarranted, as there are some key differences on study powering and dosing that differentiate inteperdine and idalopirdine. We think that a potential trend on the primary endpoint is consistent with our view that idalopirdine is underdosed and underpowered and inteperdine will succeed where this competitor failed."
The analyst maintained an Outperform rating price target of $29.00
Shares of Axovant Sciences closed at $17.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TransDigm (TDG) Valeant Comparison 'Nothing New', Tweet Risk Low and Would Use Weakness to Buy - Credit Suisse
- BTIG Says Synergy's (SGYP) Trulance Low Incidence of Side Effects the Key Differentiator
- Deutsche Bank Sees 'Encouraging' Short-Term Set-Up in Valeant (VRX)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!