Baird Defends Axovant Sciences (AXON) After Lundbeck; No Change to Outlook
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Baird analyst Brian Skorney came out to defend Axovant Sciences (NYSE: AXON), which is getting slammed on rival Lundbeck top-line results.
Skorney commented, "Lundbeck reported failure of Phase 3 STARSHINE trial of idolapirdine, a 5-HT6 antagonist, sending shockwaves through Axovant's stock. However, we think the reaction was unwarranted, as there are some key differences on study powering and dosing that differentiate inteperdine and idalopirdine. We think that a potential trend on the primary endpoint is consistent with our view that idalopirdine is underdosed and underpowered and inteperdine will succeed where this competitor failed."
The analyst maintained an Outperform rating price target of $29.00
Shares of Axovant Sciences closed at $17.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Callidus Software (CALD) Said Mentioned Cautiously at Off Wall Street
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!