Baird Defends Axovant Sciences (AXON) After Lundbeck; No Change to Outlook
- Wall Street drops as Pfizer falls; presidential debate eyed
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to Acquire Bats Global Markets (BATS) in ~$3.2B Deal
- LANXESS to Acquire Chemtura (CHMT) in ~$2.5B Deal
- Pfizer (PFE) Won't Pursue Split
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 09/26: (ARRY) (CHMT) (GWPH) Higher; (PTIE) (DRRX) (SALE) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Baird analyst Brian Skorney came out to defend Axovant Sciences (NYSE: AXON), which is getting slammed on rival Lundbeck top-line results.
Skorney commented, "Lundbeck reported failure of Phase 3 STARSHINE trial of idolapirdine, a 5-HT6 antagonist, sending shockwaves through Axovant's stock. However, we think the reaction was unwarranted, as there are some key differences on study powering and dosing that differentiate inteperdine and idalopirdine. We think that a potential trend on the primary endpoint is consistent with our view that idalopirdine is underdosed and underpowered and inteperdine will succeed where this competitor failed."
The analyst maintained an Outperform rating price target of $29.00
Shares of Axovant Sciences closed at $17.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Axovant Sciences (AXON) Announces FDA Fast Track Status for Intepirdine
- UPDATE: Diebold (DBD) Raised to 'Overweight' at JPMorgan on Valuation; Pull-Back Tied to 'Forced Selling', Says Analsyt
- GW Pharma (GWPH) Gains ~13% on Positive Epidiolex Data in LGS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!