Baird Continues to See Tesla (TSLA)/SolarCity (SCTY) Merger Approval
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Baird analyst Ben Kallo weighed in on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA)/SolarCity (NASDAQ: SCTY) after it was disclosed that the companies will hold a special meeting of stockholders on November 17 and will vote on the proposed merger.
Kallo continues to believe the merger will be approved given recent conversations with shareholders.
The analyst sees sharp upside in SCTY stock if the merger is approved. "Based on TSLA’s October 11 closing price of $200.10, SCTY shareholders will receive ~$22.01 in value per SCTY share, which is ~13.6% higher than SCTY’s closing price of $19.38."
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $338 on TSLA.
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $200.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA): Solid Quarter And Commentary, Raising Ests - Baird
- CenturyLink (CTL) options swept up on WSJ report of advanced merger talks with Level 3 (LVLT)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/26: (OCN) (CAKE) (FFIV) Higher; (RWLK) (GRPN) (AKS) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla, Definitive Agreement, Ben Kallo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!