BTIG Trims PT on AtriCure (ATRC) to $19; Management 'Disconnect' Causes Concern
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BTIG cut its price target on Buy-rated AtriCure (NASDAQ: ATRC) from $34 down to $19 after the company reported Q2 results late last week.
Analyst Sean Lavin commented,
ATRC reported a relatively in-line but messy quarter with the core business coming in soft while increased focus on nContact drove MIS growth. The DEEP trial was put on hold due to an adverse event. Mgmt lowered guidance as we expected and seemed prudent but also shied away from long-term 18% aspirations which we were not expecting. We sense there is a bit of an investor/mgmt disconnect. Mgmt feels things are going well and investors are disappointed. Thus ATRC trades at a discount, under 3x NTM rev, but we feel may stay there for a while. We lower our PT to $19 from $25 based on lower estimates and sentiment but feel shares are cheap.
We hear from investors that they are concerned by continuous mild issues each quarter (distributor in China, guidance too high, DEEP trial, salesforce distraction, etc.). At the same time, we do not feel mgmt sees a problem and to their credit, for 12+ straight quarters they did meet consensus. All told though, we feel until this gap is cleared up, ATRC is likely to trade at a discount to its peers, Lavin noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- Carter's (CRI) PT Lowered to $105 at Oppenheimer; Reiterates Outperform
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!