BTIG Thinks Post-Q3 Selloff in Shire (SHPG) is Overdone; Affirms 'Buy' Rating
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BTIG affirms Shire plc (Nasdaq: SHPG) at Buy with a price target of $242 after the company posted Q3 results Tuesday morning.
Analyst Timothy Chiang commented,
This morning, Shire reported 3Q total revenues of $3,452M (vs. our $3,477M est.) with adj. EPS of $3.17 (vs. our $3.29 est.). Gross margins were ~75% with operating margins of ~40%. Tax rate was lower than expected at 13%. While the Co. did reiterate its full year 2016 financial guidance, which includes product sales of $10.8 - $11B and adj. EPS of $12.70 - $13.10, the shares are down ~2% this morning. The culprit appears to be weaker than expected sales from the Hematology segment which declined 6% YOY. Shire highlighted that pro forma growth in this segment was mostly in line with market trends, but was impacted by the timing of large orders.
While we recognize investors’ concerns with the Co.’s hematology segment, we believe it is unlikely that patients (mostly children) would switch to other clotting factors due to safety concerns. We believe management is up to the task of integrating Baxalta, while commercializing new products like Xiidra.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!