BTIG Starts Nutanix (NTNX) at Neutral
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BTIG initiates coverage on Nutanix (NASDAQ: NTNX) with a Neutral rating. Analyst Edward Parker said wait for a pullback.
The analyst explained, "We believe Nutanix is the category leader in hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI), a prominent emerging trend in which storage and compute assets are collapsed into a single tier. We see support for a multi-billion dollar business but are not yet convinced that a platform-level paradigm shift on the scale described by the company is poised to occur. We think core HCI could commoditize rather quickly, which means Nutanix will need to demonstrate differentiation in higher-level software services in order to drive a large scale high-margin business in a sustainable way. We believe the company’s strategy, product roadmap, and go-to-market capabilities are aligned well to go after this opportunity, but would be hesitant putting new money to work with revenue multiples at the high-end seen in systems infrastructure. We’d wait for pullbacks before recommending the stock."
Shares of Nutanix closed at $30.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Qualcomm (QCOM) Following FTC Complaint
- Neurocrine Bio. (NBIX) PT Lowered to $56 at Jefferies Amid Adult Tourette's Data
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!