BTIG Sets New PT of $100 on Edwards Lifesciences (EW); Reports Slight Q3 Miss Amid Lofty Expectations
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BTIG affirms Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE: EW) with a Buy rating and sets a price target of $110 on the stock following Q3 results.
The firm commented today:
Expectations were lofty after multiple beats including Q2 THVs that blew away expectations. We and most others believed intermediate and low risk patients were being pulled forward and done off label. While we have no proof this slowed in Q3, numbers would seem to indicate it did. Also, some analysts on the call asked about reimbursement issues and the fact the CAP was used up more quickly than expected makes one wonder if some centers had reimbursement pushback as enrolling a CAP is more effort than just doing cases if payment is not an issue. While investors expected a beat, mgmt did say the quarter came in as expected and revenue guidance was maintained. We expect shares to open between $80 and $100. Our overall Buy thesis doesn’t change but our forecasts and target multiple both slide. We now offer a PT of $110 and would buy below $95.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Street Watchdog Research Lowers Price Target on Dollar General (DG) to $55
- Deutsch Bank Raises Price Targets on Steel & Service Center Names (AKS) (NUE) (RS) (RYI) (STLD) (X)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!