BTIG Sets New PT of $100 on Edwards Lifesciences (EW); Reports Slight Q3 Miss Amid Lofty Expectations
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG affirms Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE: EW) with a Buy rating and sets a price target of $110 on the stock following Q3 results.
The firm commented today:
Expectations were lofty after multiple beats including Q2 THVs that blew away expectations. We and most others believed intermediate and low risk patients were being pulled forward and done off label. While we have no proof this slowed in Q3, numbers would seem to indicate it did. Also, some analysts on the call asked about reimbursement issues and the fact the CAP was used up more quickly than expected makes one wonder if some centers had reimbursement pushback as enrolling a CAP is more effort than just doing cases if payment is not an issue. While investors expected a beat, mgmt did say the quarter came in as expected and revenue guidance was maintained. We expect shares to open between $80 and $100. Our overall Buy thesis doesn’t change but our forecasts and target multiple both slide. We now offer a PT of $110 and would buy below $95.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!