BTIG Says Buy Ophthotech (OPHT) Ahead of Upcoming Fovista Data
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Affirms Outlook
- Oil rises on weaker dollar, Saudi commitment to cut output
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG recommends to scoop-up shares of Ophthotech (Nasdaq: OPHT) ahead of data from two Fovista phase 3s. The firm reiterates OPHT at Buy with a price target of $92.
Analyst Ling Wang commented,
Although conventional wisdom generally suggests a smaller treatment delta going from Phase II to III, we expect a similar or larger treatment delta, given the trend of Phase IIb data over time and durable efficacy of Fovista suggested in a Phase II anti-fibrosis trial. A competing product from Regeneron (REGN, Neutral, Analyst: Dane Leone), REGN 2176-3 (Phase II data by YE16), is not a meaningful threat, in our view.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Walt Disney (DIS) to Buy
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Pinnacle West Capital (PNW) to Neutral
- Credit Suisse Upgrades MSC Industrial (MSM) to Neutral, Sees "Green Shoots Of A Recovery"
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!