BTIG Remains Neutral on HCP, Inc. (HCP) Amid Q3 Results, Senior Housing Sale, Other Items
- Futures flat as oil rally pauses
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Trump's corporate tax holiday could spur pharma M&A
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BTIG affirms HCP, Inc. (NYSE: HCP) at Neutral following Q3 results, lease terminations, and asset sales.
Analyst Michael Gorman commented today, HCP announced 3Q16 FFO/sh of $0.72, $0.03 ahead of our estimate and $0.01 above the Street. However, we believe most of the focus will be away from the quarterly results and on guidance as well as strategic transactions. Management updated its FY guidance to reflect the recently-completed spinoff of its skilled nursing division and rolled out 2017. HCP announced a number of transactions in its Senior Housing portfolio including a $1.125B asset sale to Blackstone.
Operating metrics during the quarter were solid. Cash SSNOI grew 3.1% across the portfolio, led by Life Science (+8.8%), and Medical Office (+3.1%). Leasing results in the Life Science portfolio were strong with 16.2% lease spreads while the Medical Office portfolio generated 1.4% spreads. Coverage ratios in the Senior Housing Triple Net portfolio declined to 1.24x from 1.26x in the prior quarter and 1.29x in the prior year. However, the pending transactions with Brookdale are likely to boost coverages in the coming quarters, the analyst noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Eldorado Resorts (ERI) Ahead of Acquisition
- Wedbush Starts William Lyon Homes (WLH) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!