BTIG Remains Neutral on HCP, Inc. (HCP) Amid Q3 Results, Senior Housing Sale, Other Items
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG affirms HCP, Inc. (NYSE: HCP) at Neutral following Q3 results, lease terminations, and asset sales.
Analyst Michael Gorman commented today, HCP announced 3Q16 FFO/sh of $0.72, $0.03 ahead of our estimate and $0.01 above the Street. However, we believe most of the focus will be away from the quarterly results and on guidance as well as strategic transactions. Management updated its FY guidance to reflect the recently-completed spinoff of its skilled nursing division and rolled out 2017. HCP announced a number of transactions in its Senior Housing portfolio including a $1.125B asset sale to Blackstone.
Operating metrics during the quarter were solid. Cash SSNOI grew 3.1% across the portfolio, led by Life Science (+8.8%), and Medical Office (+3.1%). Leasing results in the Life Science portfolio were strong with 16.2% lease spreads while the Medical Office portfolio generated 1.4% spreads. Coverage ratios in the Senior Housing Triple Net portfolio declined to 1.24x from 1.26x in the prior quarter and 1.29x in the prior year. However, the pending transactions with Brookdale are likely to boost coverages in the coming quarters, the analyst noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Casella Waste Systems (CWST) - PT to $16
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!