BTIG Remains Neutral on Best Buy (BBY) Following Solid Q3 Results, Outlook
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG is offering preliminary commentary on Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) following Q3 results and strong outlook issued earlier Thursday. The firm has Best Buy with a Neutral rating.
Analyst Alan Rifkin commented,
3Q16: Operating EPS of $0.62 was well above our estimate of $0.47 and guidance of $0.43-$0.47. Domestic comp of 1.8% was well above both guidance and our estimate of +1%. 4Q16 guidance: $1.62-1.67 EPS vs. Street $1.58, revenue $13.4-$13.6B includes ~200 million of lost revenue or an estimated ~(150) bp impact from product unavailability. FY EPS guidance $3.25-$3.30.
4Q16 Guidance. Operating EPS of $1.62-$1.67 vs. our estimate of $1.51 and Street $1.58. Enterprise comp: (1.0)%-1.0% vs. our 0.5% estimate. Domestic comp: (1.0)%-1.0%. Int’l comp: (2.0)%-2.0%. Total revenue $13.4-$13.6 billion vs. our estimate of $13.6 billion. Product unavailability expected to reduce revenue by $200MM or an estimated ~(150) bp. Company faces easiest comp for year in 4Q at (1.7)%.
We expect BBY shares to be strong today. BBY has done an admirable job controlling expenses and current valuation lends support to the shares.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- BMO Capital Remains Sidelined on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q EPS Miss
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!