BTIG Remains Neutral on Best Buy (BBY) Following Solid Q3 Results, Outlook
- S&P little changed as energy weighs but financials edge up
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces FTC Settlement
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG is offering preliminary commentary on Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) following Q3 results and strong outlook issued earlier Thursday. The firm has Best Buy with a Neutral rating.
Analyst Alan Rifkin commented,
3Q16: Operating EPS of $0.62 was well above our estimate of $0.47 and guidance of $0.43-$0.47. Domestic comp of 1.8% was well above both guidance and our estimate of +1%. 4Q16 guidance: $1.62-1.67 EPS vs. Street $1.58, revenue $13.4-$13.6B includes ~200 million of lost revenue or an estimated ~(150) bp impact from product unavailability. FY EPS guidance $3.25-$3.30.
4Q16 Guidance. Operating EPS of $1.62-$1.67 vs. our estimate of $1.51 and Street $1.58. Enterprise comp: (1.0)%-1.0% vs. our 0.5% estimate. Domestic comp: (1.0)%-1.0%. Int’l comp: (2.0)%-2.0%. Total revenue $13.4-$13.6 billion vs. our estimate of $13.6 billion. Product unavailability expected to reduce revenue by $200MM or an estimated ~(150) bp. Company faces easiest comp for year in 4Q at (1.7)%.
We expect BBY shares to be strong today. BBY has done an admirable job controlling expenses and current valuation lends support to the shares.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades Church & Dwight Co. Inc. (CHD) to Hold
- Macquarie Downgrades Pearson PLC (PSO) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!