BTIG Reaffirms Geron (GERN) at 'Neutral' Following Imetelstat Update
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG affirms Geron Corp. (Nasdaq: GERN) with a Neutral rating after the company provided updates on the clinical trials being conducted by Janssen Research & Development, LLC, of the telomerase inhibitor imetelstat.
Analyst Ling Wang commented today,
For the IMbark trial, partner Janssen has determined the lower dose 4.7 mg/kg in IMbark trial does not warrant further investigation, and therefore will be closed (consistent with our expectation). Although the higher dose 9.4 mg/kg did not meet the pre-defined interim criteria at this 12-week data assessment, Janssen believes this arm warrants further investigation due to encouraging trends in the efficacy data observed. The IMerge trial has fully enrolled the 30 patients in part I. The trial will continue unmodified.
Additional interim analysis of the IMbark trial is expected in 2Q17, which should have a sufficient number of patients and follow-up to inform the future development plan of this dose. The Phase II/III IMerge trial has fully enrolled the 30 patients in part I. Additional assessment will occur in 2Q17 as well. A go-no-go decision will be made based on the benefit/risk analysis of these patients. Enrollment for Phase III is expected to start in mid-2017 if Janssen decides to advance the trial into Phase III, the analyst noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Starts Mitek Systems (MITK) at Buy
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Dollar Tree (DLTR) to $96; Reiterates Market Perform
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!