BTIG Positive on Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Following Management Meetings; Expects More Plecanatide Visibility
- S&P, Nasdaq hit highs on gains in health, tech stocks
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BTIG affirms its Buy rating and $11 price target on Synergy Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: SGYP) following recent meetings with management.
Analyst Timothy Chiang commented over the weekend:
In sum, we expect more near term visibility on plecanatide, the Co.’s lead product candidate for the treatment of chronic constipation and IBS-C. In addition to the expected release of additional clinical data on plecanatide at the ACG meeting this week, we also expect top line results from its pivotal Phase 3 IBS-C trials to be released this Fall. Based on the positive Phase 3 results presented earlier this year at DDW, we believe plecanatide should be approved by the FDA in early 2017, with a commercial launch occurring in 1Q17.
With ~$141M of cash on the balance sheet as of the end of 2Q16, Synergy seems adequately funded. However, with a US commercial launch of plecanatide targeted for 1Q17, we believe the Co. may look to raise additional funds to further bolster its balance sheet, Chiang noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Announces Positive Top-Line Results from First Phase 3 Trial of Plecanatide
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!