BTIG Positive on Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Following Management Meetings; Expects More Plecanatide Visibility
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BTIG affirms its Buy rating and $11 price target on Synergy Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: SGYP) following recent meetings with management.
Analyst Timothy Chiang commented over the weekend:
In sum, we expect more near term visibility on plecanatide, the Co.’s lead product candidate for the treatment of chronic constipation and IBS-C. In addition to the expected release of additional clinical data on plecanatide at the ACG meeting this week, we also expect top line results from its pivotal Phase 3 IBS-C trials to be released this Fall. Based on the positive Phase 3 results presented earlier this year at DDW, we believe plecanatide should be approved by the FDA in early 2017, with a commercial launch occurring in 1Q17.
With ~$141M of cash on the balance sheet as of the end of 2Q16, Synergy seems adequately funded. However, with a US commercial launch of plecanatide targeted for 1Q17, we believe the Co. may look to raise additional funds to further bolster its balance sheet, Chiang noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Says Synergy's (SGYP) Trulance Low Incidence of Side Effects the Key Differentiator
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- Synergy Pharmaceuticals’ TRULANCE™ (Plecanatide) Receives U.S. FDA Approval for the Treatment of Adults with Chronic Idiopathic Constipation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!