BTIG Maintains 'Neutral' Rating on Geron (GERN) Following Imetelstat Update
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BTIG affirms Geron Corp. (Nasdaq: GERN) with a Neutral rating following an update on the ongoing imetelstat Phase II IMbark trial in MF and Phase II/III trial in MDS.
Analyst Ling Wang noted the following key points late Monday:
- Imetelstat showed consistent safety profile in both trials. Safety profile of imetelstat was consistent with prior observations and no new AEs were observed, which is positive in our view.
- Update on IMbark. The decision to close the 4.7 mg/kg arm is not surprising, since IMbark is a dose-refining trial. Although it is slightly disappointing that the 9.4 mg/kg arm did not meet the pre-specified criteria (details not disclosed), we understand the IMbark patients (relapsed/refractory MF population, a true unmet need) are more treatment-experienced than in the prior pilot study, which may require longer follow-up and/or additional dose-refining to ascertain the efficacy in this patient population. Additional interim analysis is expected in 2Q17, which Janssen believes should have a sufficient number of patients and follow-up to inform the future development plan of this dose.
- IMerge trial continues unmodified. Safety and efficacy of imetelstat are consistent with a prior pilot study in MDS patients. Additional assessment will occur in 2Q17 as well. A go-no-go decision will be made based on the benefit/risk analysis of these patients.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Raises Price Target on CardConnect Corp. (CCN) to $17; Reiterates Buy
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on IHS Markit (INFO) Following 4Q
- UPDATE: BTIG Boosts Netflix (NFLX) PT By $40, Maintains Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!