BTIG Lowers Remicade Outlook for Johnson & Johnson (JNJ); Affirms 'Neutral' Rating
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG is trimming its outlook on Remicade for Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) following recent litigation. The firm reiterates its Neutral rating on Johnson & Johnson.
Analyst Dane Leone commented,
We are lowering our forecasts for Remicade in light of the District Court ruling to invalidate a key patent protecting the Remicade franchise from a biosimilar launch of Inflectra (Celltrion, 068270, Not Rated/ Pfizer, PFE, Not Rated). Our 2018 forecast for Remicade is now ~$5.7bn, down from ~$6.6bn, as the ruling increases the chances that Remicade will face biosimilar competition during 2017. Importantly, a Federal judge set a tentative date of February 13th, 2017 at 9:30AM for the Appeals Court. JNJ is continuing the appeal process in the proceedings related to the ’471 patent before the USPTO, awaiting an oral hearing. Also, management indicated that guidance for 3 – 4% operational growth would not change even if Inflectra was launched during 4Q16.
Our forecast for a cumulative -20% decline in US Remicade sales by YE2018 incorporates a 2H2017 US biosimilar launch: Our new 2018 Remicade forecast is ~$5.7bn, below the consensus estimate of ~$6.6bn as we model a decline of -10% during 2H2017 based on a biosimilar launch of Inflectra, with a YoY decline of -15% for 2018. Comparisons are difficult, but based on the experience with other blockbuster biosimilar & generic launches, the minimum first year share loss for the branded product has been -17%, the analyst noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Talks with Actelion Said to Progress After New Offer North of $250/Share - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Instinet Raises Price Target on Noble Energy (NBL) to $44; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!