BTIG Downgrades Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Neutral
- Futures rise as 'Trump rally' rolls on
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG downgraded Teva Pharma (NYSE: TEVA) from Buy to Neutral and removed its price target. Analyst Timothy Chiang noted Copaxone risk.
"We downgrade TEVA shares to Neutral based on three key factors: 1) poor visibility on near term revenue growth drivers for the generic / branded segments, 2) heavy debt leverage (Teva has ~$36.9B of outstanding debt) which currently stands at ~5x debt/ebitda which provides the Co. little margin for error going forward, and 3) the potential for generic entry on Copaxone 40mg in 2017 – Copaxone remains a key contributor to the Co.’s sales (19% of total), and operating profits (42% of total). While Copaxone 40mg is protected by five Orange Book listed patents, we think a key US District (Delaware) Court decision is upcoming in early 2017. While the shares were down ~8% today, we think the near term risks outweigh any potential upside that might occur with this upcoming legal decision," said the analyst.
Shares of Teva Pharma closed at $37.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- Argus Downgrades Sonoco Products (SON) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!