BTIG Downgrades Level 3 Communications (LVLT) to Neutral
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG downgraded Level 3 Communications (NYSE: LVLT) from Buy to Neutral. Analyst Walter Piecyk said he doesn't expect at competing bid.
"We downgrade Level 3 to Neutral as we do not expect a competing bid to top CenturyLink’s lofty take-out price, which valued Level 3 at 11.6x our 2016 EBITDA estimate. In addition, we are incrementally concerned about the downside to Level 3′s stock if the deal does not close as Level 3′s core business continues to struggle as evidenced by its inability to return the North American Enterprise business back to sequential revenue growth. We do not assign price targets to Neutral rated stocks, so we removed our prior $63 price target. We expect Level 3′s stock to trade relative to the fundamentals of the combined company and process towards closing the deal in late 2017," said Piecyk.
Shares of Level 3 Communications closed at $54.05 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Macquarie Downgrades Pearson PLC (PSO) to Neutral
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades Church & Dwight Co. Inc. (CHD) to Hold
- Jefferies Downgrades Alcobra Ltd. (ADHD) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesBTIG, Walter Piecyk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!