BTIG Downgrades CNO Financial Group (CNO) to Neutral
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BTIG downgraded CNO Financial Group (NYSE: CNO) from Buy to Neutral and removed its price target. Yesterday the company announced today that its subsidiaries, Bankers Conseco Life Insurance Company (BCLIC) and Washington National Insurance Company (WNIC), are terminating reinsurance agreements with Beechwood Re (BRe) and recapturing approximately $550 million of closed block long-term care liabilities.
Commenting on developments, analyst Mark Palmer said, "We are downgrading CNO Financial Group (CNO) to Neutral (from Buy) after the company yesterday disclosed through a regulatory filing that two of its subsidiaries would recapture a $550mm long term care (LTC) block reinsured by Beechwood Re (Private) that it expected would result in a $55mm after-tax charge. The action was taken after two state regulators said that many of the assets managed by Beechwood – in particular, its exposures to troubled hedge fund Platinum Partners – did not comply with insurance company guidelines."
Shares of CNO Financial Group closed at $15.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Cuts Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Neutral Amid Challenging Generic Environment
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- Instinet (Nomura) Downgrades Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!