BTIG Cuts Low Ests on Advanced Auto (AAP) Further Following Q2 Report; Affirms at 'Sell'
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings kick into high gear
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG is cutting estimates on Sell-rated Advance Auto Parts (NYSE: AAP) following Q2 results issued earlier Tuesday. The firm reiterates its $120 price target on the stock.
Analyst Alan Rifkin said,
AAP reported 2Q16 EPS of $1.90, $0.24 below our estimate of $2.14. Comp sales declined (4.1)%, slightly ahead of our (4.5)% estimate. AAP maintained its full-year comp sales guidance of (3-5)%, highlighting our view that it will take time for turnaround efforts to take hold. We are lowering our 2016 and 2017 EPS estimates significantly, which were already below-consensus, to $7.55 from $7.80 and $7.90 from $8.00, respectively. Our 2017 estimate is $0.85 below the Street, as we do not believe AAP can achieve the degree of margin expansion the Street is anticipating.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) PT Raised to $70 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: Macquarie Downgrades Alliant Energy (LNT) to Neutral
- Dougherty & Co Upgrades MKS Instruments (MKSI) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!