BTIG Boosts PT on bluebird bio (BLUE) to $83; Sees Favorable FDA Pathway Derisking Pivotal Study Timeline
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG lifts its price target on Buy-rated bluebird bio (Nasdaq: BLUE) from $72 to $83 following the company's recent R&D day in NYC.
The firm noted the following late Thursday:
- The design of HGB-207 and HGB-212 should support commercial launch of LentiGlobin for ß0/ß+ genotype and ß0/ß0 genotypes, essentially the entire moderate to severe Beta-thalassemia population, in the US and Europe by 2020.
- In-line with our preview note (9/13/16), the new manufacturing process for LentiGlobin will allow the company to recapture the ß0/ß0 genotype population (~33% of total moderate to severe Betathalassemia patients) on an accelerated timeline: The company announced the design of HGB-212, which will support use of LentiGlobin to treat the most severe Beta-thalassemia patients ß0/ß0) on an approvable endpoint of transfusion reduction. We think that the combination of the new manufacturing process boosting drug potency along with a transfusion reduction endpoint, versus transfusion independence endpoint, greatly increases odds of clinical success. We forecast US approval by YE2019.
- European Approval supported by ongoing studies plus interim data from '207 and '212: Management expects that the ongoing HGB-204 and '205 programs will support EU approval for moderate to severe
- Beta-thalassemia patients with interim support from the new pivotal studies. We forecast EU approval by YE2018.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $165.00 at Oppenheimer
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $144 at FBR Capital
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PEI) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!