BTIG Affirms bluebird bio (BLUE) at 'Buy' Following bb2121 Phase 1 Data in r/r Multiple Myeloma
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Analyst Dane Leone commented,
The data was released prior to a plenary session at the EORTC-NCI-AACR Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapies Symposium in Munich, Germany. At first glance, the data looks superior to Novartis’ (NYSE: NVS) anti-BCMA CAR, but we await additional details.
Leone also offered the following key points:
- BLUE ‘s anti-BCMA CAR shows Efficacy with Minimal Toxicities: Heavily pretreated patients conditioned (with cyclophosphamide and fludarabine), and infused with 15.0 x 107 (cohort 2) and 45.0 x 107 (cohort 3) CAR+ T cell achieved 100% responses (n=6). In patients infused with 5.0 x 107 (cohort 1) CAR+ T cells, 33% response was observed. Two patients also achieved complete responses at 6 and 4 months. Overall response rate was 78% (n=11). No dose limiting toxicities, grade 3/4 cytokine release syndrome (CRS) or grade ¾ neurotoxicity were observed. (NCT02658929).
- NVS Interim Results from Phase 1 BCMA-CAR: Patients (n=6) received split dose infusions of 1-5 x 108 CAR+ T cells using a similar anti-BCMA CAR. One patient achieved complete response at 7 months, but overall responses were limited due to minimal expansion in vivo as evidenced by a loss of response (by 2-3 months) and progressive disease (PD) in some patients (n=1). Toxicity was also an issue as CRS occurred in 5 patients, and grade ¾ toxicities (n=3). More data will allow for better comparison to BLUE, but note that patients seemed to have a higher median of prior line therapies, and were not conditioned with cyclophosphamide. (NCT02546167)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
- Williams Partners LP (WPZ) PT Raised to $40 at Goldman Sachs
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!