BTIG Affirms Synchrony Financial (SYF) at 'Buy' Ahead of Q3 Report; Says Credit Deterioration Fears Remain in Focus
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BTIG affirms Synchrony Financial (NYSE: SYF) at Buy with a price target of $42 ahead of the company's Q316 report.
Analyst Mark Palmer commented today:
If investors who heard Synchrony Financial’s (SYF) management team outline the company’s merits during its mid-2014 IPO roadshow had been able to flash forward a couple of years to see how SYF had executed its plan, they almost certainly would have been impressed by the extent to which it is outpacing the rest of the private label credit card (PLCC) industry in both loan receivables growth and online and mobile purchase volumes. They also would have been encouraged by SYF having grown deposits to the point that they represent 71% of its funding, as well as the capital return program the company initiated during 3Q16.
However, those investors likely would be dismayed to find that even with all of the positives SYF has accrued during the past two years, the enthusiasm for the company’s growth story that drove its stock to almost $36 in July 2015 has not been enough to offset the impact of fears about credit deterioration. Such concerns were stoked on June 14 when SYF disclosed that it expected its net charge-offs (NCOs) to increase by 20-30bps during the following 12 months, causing the stock to plunge by more than 13% that day.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Raises Price Target on Cogent Communication (CCOI) to $50
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Abbott (ABT) to $47; Reiterates Buy
- DA Davidson Downgrades Inventure Foods (SNAK) to Neutral, Predicts Company Won't Exist In Current Form Come June 2017
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesIPO, BTIG
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!