BTIG Affirms Ophthotech (OPHT) at 'Buy' Amid Recent Regeneron Data; Says Focus Should be on Fovista
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Analyst Ling Wang noted the following on Sunday:
- REGN2176-3 efficacy underperforms Fovista in both Phase I and Phase II. Development of a drug candidate should build on prior studies. Therefore, it should not be a huge surprise that REGN2176-3 failed in Phase II, given the lackluster Phase I efficacy.
- Meaningful differences could make or fail a drug. Fovista inhibits PDGF signaling at the ligand level, which theoretically could have advantages over targeting PDGFR-ß of REGN2176-3 (supported by literature), given the broader downstream ligand/receptor interactions impacted. Additionally, Fovista, an aptamer, may offer a better Adverse Events (AE) profile than antibody fragment. Potential protein-protein interaction in a small volume (50uL single injection) may negatively impact the efficacy of REGN2176-3 (with a less mean improvement in VA than Eylea alone).
- Competitor setback a long term positive. With one less competitor, one could argue higher Fovista peak sales assuming successful Phase III trial (we choose not to factor in our model currently), which suggests higher upside upon Phase III success.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Says Synergy's (SGYP) Trulance Low Incidence of Side Effects the Key Differentiator
- PacWest Bancorp (PACW) PT Raised to $60.50 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!