BTIG Affirms Ophthotech (OPHT) at 'Buy'; Sees Publication of Fovista Phase 2b Data Easing Investor Worries
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG affirms Ophthotech (Nasdaq: OPHT) with a Buy rating and $92 price target after the company announced that the Phase 2b study results of Fovista (pegpleranib), the Company's anti-PDGF agent administered in combination with Lucentis (ranibizumab) anti-VEGF therapy for the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration (AMD), have been published online in Ophthalmology®, the journal of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Analyst Ling Wang commented:
The long-awaited Phase IIb trial of Fovista in combination with Lucentis was published online today in Ophthalmology, the journal of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. We believe the publication in a highly regarded peer-reviewed journal underscores the robustness of the Phase IIb data package. The publication has raised no concerns with regard to the two recent bearish arguments: 1) Imbalance in baseline lesion size could have driven the overall Phase IIb success in VA improvement, and 2) Anatomic analysis in Phase IIb does not support VA improvement, which is a positive, in our view. Additionally, the publication proposed multiple mechanisms of action of Fovista (consistent with our view), supportive of our disagreement of read-through from Regeneron’s (REGN, Neutral, Analyst: Dane Leone) recent Phase II failure.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
- Dougherty & Co Starts Quality Systems (QSII) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!