BTIG Affirms Ophthotech (OPHT) at 'Buy'; Sees Publication of Fovista Phase 2b Data Easing Investor Worries
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG affirms Ophthotech (Nasdaq: OPHT) with a Buy rating and $92 price target after the company announced that the Phase 2b study results of Fovista (pegpleranib), the Company's anti-PDGF agent administered in combination with Lucentis (ranibizumab) anti-VEGF therapy for the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration (AMD), have been published online in Ophthalmology®, the journal of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Analyst Ling Wang commented:
The long-awaited Phase IIb trial of Fovista in combination with Lucentis was published online today in Ophthalmology, the journal of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. We believe the publication in a highly regarded peer-reviewed journal underscores the robustness of the Phase IIb data package. The publication has raised no concerns with regard to the two recent bearish arguments: 1) Imbalance in baseline lesion size could have driven the overall Phase IIb success in VA improvement, and 2) Anatomic analysis in Phase IIb does not support VA improvement, which is a positive, in our view. Additionally, the publication proposed multiple mechanisms of action of Fovista (consistent with our view), supportive of our disagreement of read-through from Regeneron’s (REGN, Neutral, Analyst: Dane Leone) recent Phase II failure.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Flowserve Corp. (FLS) to Buy
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $99 at Jefferies Following 2Q Beat
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Upgrades Williams Partners LP (WPZ) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!