BTIG Affirms LendingClub (LC) at 'Buy'; Q2 Provided Damage Assessment with One Notable Casualty
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BTIG affirms LendingClub (NYSE: LC) at Buy with a price target of $9 following Q2 results and resignation of CFO Carrie Dolan.
Analyst Mark Palmer commented,
LendingClub Corporation’s (LC) 2Q16 report was essentially a damage assessment for investors in the aftermath the company’s revelation on May 9 of a scandal involving misallocated loans and the resignation of former CEO and management’s subsequent acknowledgement of their expectation that 2Q16 loan originations would drop by approximately one-third sequentially. While the damage was not as significant as expected from a loan origination standpoint, it did have an apparent casualty: CFO Carrie Dolan.
We believe that in terms of gauging LC’s longer-term prospects there were a couple of more important takeaways: the company’s loan originations declined sequentially during 2Q16 by a better-than-expected 28.8% to $1.955bn, exceeding our estimate of $1.843bn, and management reported that 15 of its top 20 investors are back on its marketplace platform after backing away in May. Moreover, management said loan origination volume had gained during June and that origination momentum had continued during July, the analyst noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!