BTIG Affirms 'Buy' Rating on Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Ahead of Pivotal Plecanatide Data in IBS-C
- Wall Street rises as energy, financial stocks gain
- Bernstein's Sacconaghi Sees Stronger Apple (AAPL) iPhone ASPs
- Fed may change stress tests, capital buffers for U.S. banks: Yellen
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c; Will End Internal Hardware Development; Boosts FY17 Outlook
- Exclusive: CBS, Viacom controlling shareholder to call on companies to merge - sources
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG affirms Synergy Pharma (Nasdaq: SGYP) at Buy with a price target of $11 ahead of the potential release of pivotal Phase 3 top line results in IBS-C, which is expected in Q416.
Analyst Timothy Chiang commented today,
We believe visibility on plecanatide (the Co.’s late stage pipeline product for the treatment of chronic idiopathic constipation – CIC, and constipation predominant IBS) could improve heading into the Fall as we expect additional data to be released at the upcoming ACG meeting in mid-October. We remain positive on SGYP shares as we think plecanatide is likely to gain FDA approval (for the treatment of chronic constipation) in early 2017 (Jan. 29 PDUFA date).
Once-Daily Oral Plecanatide Could Be the Next New CIC treatment to be launched in the US in 2017. Our CY17-CY19 sales estimates (for the CIC treatment indication) are $35M, $125M, and $250M, respectively. An NDA filing for an IBS-C treatment indication could occur in 1Q17, assuming the two pivotal Phase 3 trials show a positive result (top line results expected in 4Q16). In early August, the Co. indicated in a press release that > 95% of the planned patient enrollment had been completed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Will Present New Plecanatide Data in CIC, IBS-C at ACG Meeting
- Burlington Stores (BURL): Raising Estimates After Non Deal Roadshow - BMO
- UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Hi-Crush Partners LP (HCLP) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesPDUFA, BTIG
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!