BTIG Affirms 'Buy' Rating on Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Ahead of Pivotal Plecanatide Data in IBS-C
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BTIG affirms Synergy Pharma (Nasdaq: SGYP) at Buy with a price target of $11 ahead of the potential release of pivotal Phase 3 top line results in IBS-C, which is expected in Q416.
Analyst Timothy Chiang commented today,
We believe visibility on plecanatide (the Co.’s late stage pipeline product for the treatment of chronic idiopathic constipation – CIC, and constipation predominant IBS) could improve heading into the Fall as we expect additional data to be released at the upcoming ACG meeting in mid-October. We remain positive on SGYP shares as we think plecanatide is likely to gain FDA approval (for the treatment of chronic constipation) in early 2017 (Jan. 29 PDUFA date).
Once-Daily Oral Plecanatide Could Be the Next New CIC treatment to be launched in the US in 2017. Our CY17-CY19 sales estimates (for the CIC treatment indication) are $35M, $125M, and $250M, respectively. An NDA filing for an IBS-C treatment indication could occur in 1Q17, assuming the two pivotal Phase 3 trials show a positive result (top line results expected in 4Q16). In early August, the Co. indicated in a press release that > 95% of the planned patient enrollment had been completed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Raises Price Target on Cogent Communication (CCOI) to $50
- Wedbush Upgrades Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) to Outperform; Signs of Inflection
- KLR Group Upgrades Sanchez Energy (SN) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesPDUFA, BTIG
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!