BTIG Affirms Avinger (AVGR) at 'Buy'; Cuts PT to $6 Amid Q2 Numbers, Financing
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BTIG lowers its price target on Buy-rated Avinger, Inc. (Nasdaq: AVGR) from $18 down to $6 amid recent Q2 results and financing agreements.
Analyst Sean Lavin commented,
Our updated rev estimates have nothing to do with AVGR’s financing, which was needed and de-risks AVGR some. We would have updated our model earlier but were not able to thus we are publishing now. After Q2, we set out to better understand the issues impacting sales. The general feedback we received from a very active user who speaks to other users was imaging has the potential to make artherectomy safer and more effective, but the device is not ready for commercial prime time. He said issues with the fibers and illumination are becoming less frequent, but now it is appropriate for thought leaders willing to take extra time to be early publishers, but it is not ready for the average doctor who just wants things to work so he can get in and out of the operating room efficiently. We do not know if AVGR can correct the issues. If they can, we see the stock being a potential home run from here. If they cannot, adoption is unlikely.
FY16 revenue estimate moves to $19 million, FY17 is at $29 million.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!