BMO 'Neutral to Positive' on Pfizer's (PFE) Medivation Takeover
- Healthcare, tech stocks drive Wall Street higher
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BMO Capital analyst Alex Arfaei weighed in on Pfizer's (NYSE: PFE) $14 billion takeover of Medivation (NASDAQ: MDVN), saying he is Neutral to Positive on the deal despite the "arguably rich" multiple.
"... Xtandi and pipeline complement Pfizer's oncology portfolio well and significantly strengthen Pfizer's Innovative Health segment," Arfaei said.
The analyst notes Xtandi sales (booked by Astellas) over the past four quarters were $2.2 billion, while JNJ's Zytiga sales were $2.3 billion. Also, Xtandi (up 22% in 2Q) has recently been growing at a faster rate than Zytiga (10% in 2Q) on a superior competitive profile.
In addition, Medivation's Talazoparib potentially strengthen Pfizer's leadership in breast cancer. Also, importantly, the deal strengthens Pfizer's Innovative Health segment.
"The addition of Xtandi and a key pipeline asset in Talazoparib should alleviate concerns about Pfizer's Innovative segment, including overreliance on Ibrance and slowing Prevnar sales," he said. "With the Medivation deal and the recent Anacor acquisition, we have increased confidence in PFE's Innovative portfolio and pipeline and reiterate our Outperform rating."
Outperform price target of $40.00
Shares of Pfizer closed at $34.98 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on TTM Technologies (TTMI) Following 3Q
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Exelon Corp. (EXC) Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!