BMO Capital Upgrades Ionis Pharmaceuticals (IONS) to Outperform; To Benefit form Alnylam Failure
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital upgraded Ionis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: IONS) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $48.00 (from $42.00), saying the company could benefit from Alnylam (NASDAQ: ALNY) discontinuation of the Revusiran program fter observing an imbalance of deaths in treated patients.
Analyst Do Kim commented, " We are upgrading IONS to Outperform from Market Perform, following competitor Alnylam's decision to terminate the Revusiran program after observing an imbalance of deaths in treated patients. We are increasing our TTR-Rx revenues in familial amyloidotic cardiomyopathy (FAC) and wild-type (wt) to reflect no competition, which is partly offset by a lower probability of success (45% from 50%), given similar drug mechanisms. Consequently, our price target increases to $48 from $42. We believe IONS shares could be pressured as investors perceive added risk to TTR-Rx. We recommend buying on weakness."
Shares of Ionis Pharmaceuticals closed at $36.38 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Texas Instruments (TXN) Following 3Q Report
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Northrop Grumman (NOC) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!