BMO Capital Upgrades Ionis Pharmaceuticals (IONS) to Outperform; To Benefit form Alnylam Failure
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BMO Capital upgraded Ionis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: IONS) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $48.00 (from $42.00), saying the company could benefit from Alnylam (NASDAQ: ALNY) discontinuation of the Revusiran program fter observing an imbalance of deaths in treated patients.
Analyst Do Kim commented, " We are upgrading IONS to Outperform from Market Perform, following competitor Alnylam's decision to terminate the Revusiran program after observing an imbalance of deaths in treated patients. We are increasing our TTR-Rx revenues in familial amyloidotic cardiomyopathy (FAC) and wild-type (wt) to reflect no competition, which is partly offset by a lower probability of success (45% from 50%), given similar drug mechanisms. Consequently, our price target increases to $48 from $42. We believe IONS shares could be pressured as investors perceive added risk to TTR-Rx. We recommend buying on weakness."
Shares of Ionis Pharmaceuticals closed at $36.38 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Deutsche Bank Upgrades Square (SQ) to Buy
- Dougherty & Co Starts Quality Systems (QSII) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!