BMO Capital Upgrades Ionis Pharmaceuticals (IONS) to Outperform; To Benefit form Alnylam Failure
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BMO Capital upgraded Ionis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: IONS) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $48.00 (from $42.00), saying the company could benefit from Alnylam (NASDAQ: ALNY) discontinuation of the Revusiran program fter observing an imbalance of deaths in treated patients.
Analyst Do Kim commented, " We are upgrading IONS to Outperform from Market Perform, following competitor Alnylam's decision to terminate the Revusiran program after observing an imbalance of deaths in treated patients. We are increasing our TTR-Rx revenues in familial amyloidotic cardiomyopathy (FAC) and wild-type (wt) to reflect no competition, which is partly offset by a lower probability of success (45% from 50%), given similar drug mechanisms. Consequently, our price target increases to $48 from $42. We believe IONS shares could be pressured as investors perceive added risk to TTR-Rx. We recommend buying on weakness."
Shares of Ionis Pharmaceuticals closed at $36.38 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Level 3 Communications (LVLT) to Outperform
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Government Properties Income Trust (GOV) to $25
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS) PT Raised to $65 at Needham & Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!