BMO Capital Remains bullish on Darling Ingredients (DAR) Following Analyst Day
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BMO Capital reiterated an Outperform rating and $18.00 price target on Darling Ingredients (NYSE: DAR) following an analyst day. As BMO expected, Darling continues to face seasonal weakness and commodity headwinds across its food and feed businesses in 3Q16.
Analyst Kenneth Zaslow commented, "We attended Darling’s analyst day in which management showcased its growth opportunities in Food – both Rousselot (e.g., gelatin) and Sonac (e.g., foodgrade fats), while providing an overall business update. Our view remains unchanged in that we continue to believe that the recent softness in the commodity environment likely will limit near-term earnings; however, legislative policies, capital investments (e.g., DGD’s expansion plan, two new rendering plants), mix opportunities (e.g., shift toward pharmaceutical gelatin), and internal actions (SG&A reduction) should create a structural improvement in its long-term earnings power."
Shares of Darling International closed at $13.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Noble Energy (NBL) to Neutral
- Citi Upgrades Green Dot (GDOT) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!