BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on TransCanada (TRP) Following Offer to CPPL
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BMO Capital reiterated an Outperform rating and $65.00 price target on TransCanada Corporation (NYSE: TRP) following an offer to acquire all outstanding units of its MLP, Columbia Pipeline Partners, for US$15.75/unit, or $848M. The transaction is subject to CPPL board and unitholder approval, as well as related regulatory approval under Hart-Scott-Rodino.
Analyst Ben Pham commented, "We reaffirm our Outperform rating and $65 target price on TransCanada following an offer to acquire its remaining interest in Columbia Pipelines Partner (CPPL) that it does not already own. On top of simplifying the ownership structure while retaining TC Pipelines as its flagship MLP vehicle for potential future drop-downs, we also estimate EPS deal accretion of ~2% even when conservatively assuming a discrete equity offering early next year."
Shares of TransCanada Corporation closed at $47.11 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Pandora (P) to Outperform
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Definitive Agreement, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!