BMO Capital Raises price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $27.00 Following 3Q Report
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BMO Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on CIENA (NYSE: CIEN), and raised the price target to $27.00 (from $25.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. CIEN reported in-line revenues and margins and EPS that was better than expected. EPS of $0.42 was above consensus estimate of $0.38.
Analyst Tim Long commented, "Against a challenging telco spending backdrop, Ciena reported a solid quarter, with good non-telco demand, highlighted by strength with web-scale vendors as the overall customer base continues to diversify. Gross margins were also impressive and while the strength may not last in the near term, long-term dynamics for margin expansion are favorable. We continue to believe that Ciena is set up well for sustained revenue growth as growth in metro optical, submarine, and DCI becomes more evident heading into 2017."
Shares of CIENA closed at $23.17 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Essendant (ESND) to $18 Following EPS Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target as Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) Posts 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!