BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Red Hat (RHT) Following 2Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BMO Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on Red Hat (NYSE: RHT), and raised the price target to $89.00 (from $85.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. RHT delivered good billings at $573 million vs. estimates of $556 million. Total revenues were $600 million vs. the consensus of $590 million.
Analyst Keith Bachman commented, "Our view on RHT shares is that in line or better is enough to send the shares higher at current valuations. More specifically, RHT trades at 14x-15x FY2018 FCF, similar to MSFT, and at a modest premium to ORCL. And yet, we project top-line growth of ~14% in FY2018, with our point being that we think a lot of skepticism exists for RHT shares. Given our higher estimates, we are raising our target price to $89 from $85, and we retain our Outperform rating."
Shares of Red Hat closed at $77.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- ULTA Salon (ULTA) PT Raised to $290 at Stifel But Remains Sidelined
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!