BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Kennametal (KMT) Following Analyst Day
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital reiterated a Market Perform rating on Kennametal (NYSE: KMT), and raised the price target to $30.00 (from $27.00), after attending the company's analyst day. The company is working to eliminate 1,000 positions in fiscal 2017 and save over $100 million to right-size its SG&A and employee base. The restructuring programs are progressing better than expected. BMO raised fiscal 2017, 2018, and 2019 EPS estimates to $1.30, $1.70, and $2.00 from $1.25, $1.55, and $1.80.
Analyst Joel Tiss commented, "We attended Kennametal’s Analyst Day in Pittsburgh last week. Management detailed its simplification and reinvestment strategy aimed at dismantling structural impediments to achieve profitability levels that approach its larger competitors. The plan also includes refreshing manufacturing and product development to recapture lost share. Although Kennametal has an inconsistent history of achieving sometimes lofty goals, the current approach seems comprehensive and should move the company toward generating higher returns. Thus, it may be time to move Kennametal shares from the back burner and take a harder look."
Shares of Kennametal closed at $29.08 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!