BMO Capital Raises Price Target on American Express (AXP) to $75; Reiterates Market Perform
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BMO Capital reiterated a Market Perform rating on American Express (NYSE: AXP), and raised the price target to $75.00 (from $73.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. AXP’s 3Q16 core EPS of $1.24 beat consensus of $0.97 by 28%. The beat was top-linedriven.
Analyst James Fotheringham commented, "Following AXP’s 3Q16 24% beat, we are raising our estimates by 2-4% and our target price to $75. We assume AXP’s growth initiatives come at a cost (i.e., ongoing required investments and falling discount rates). Among U.S. Specialty Finance stocks, we continue to prefer two other credit card lenders: Synchrony (SYF, $27.00, Outperform) and Capital One (COF, $73.62, Outperform)."
Shares of American Express closed at $61.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- KLR Group Cuts Price Target on Bill Barrett (BBG) to $9; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!