BMO Capital Raises Price Target on American Express (AXP) to $75; Reiterates Market Perform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BMO Capital reiterated a Market Perform rating on American Express (NYSE: AXP), and raised the price target to $75.00 (from $73.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. AXP’s 3Q16 core EPS of $1.24 beat consensus of $0.97 by 28%. The beat was top-linedriven.
Analyst James Fotheringham commented, "Following AXP’s 3Q16 24% beat, we are raising our estimates by 2-4% and our target price to $75. We assume AXP’s growth initiatives come at a cost (i.e., ongoing required investments and falling discount rates). Among U.S. Specialty Finance stocks, we continue to prefer two other credit card lenders: Synchrony (SYF, $27.00, Outperform) and Capital One (COF, $73.62, Outperform)."
Shares of American Express closed at $61.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!