BMO Capital Raises Price Target on American Express (AXP) to $75; Reiterates Market Perform
- Energy weighs on S&P, Dow; techs boost Nasdaq
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BMO Capital reiterated a Market Perform rating on American Express (NYSE: AXP), and raised the price target to $75.00 (from $73.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. AXP’s 3Q16 core EPS of $1.24 beat consensus of $0.97 by 28%. The beat was top-linedriven.
Analyst James Fotheringham commented, "Following AXP’s 3Q16 24% beat, we are raising our estimates by 2-4% and our target price to $75. We assume AXP’s growth initiatives come at a cost (i.e., ongoing required investments and falling discount rates). Among U.S. Specialty Finance stocks, we continue to prefer two other credit card lenders: Synchrony (SYF, $27.00, Outperform) and Capital One (COF, $73.62, Outperform)."
Shares of American Express closed at $61.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- KLR Group Raises Price Target on Approach Resources (AREX) Following Announced Equity Transactions
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Regions Financial (RF) to $15; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!