BMO Capital Downgrades Pfizer (PFE) to Market Perform
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BMO Capital downgraded Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $33.00 (from $40.00), saying despite the pullback they seek more balanced risk/reward.
Analyst Alex Arfaei commented, "Following signs of strengthening headwinds, and increased uncertainty about the pipeline, we now believe that the risk/reward with PFE is mostly balanced. We certainly appreciate that the timing for our downgrade could have been better (e.g., when a split seemed less likely), and that the ~4% yield should provide support at this valuation. However, we simply don't see many significant catalysts to meaningfully offset the headwinds we expect. Moreover, we believe that Pfizer is now more likely to pursue deals that could prove costly, like Medivation."
Shares of Pfizer closed at $31.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
- Deutsch Bank Raises Price Targets on Steel & Service Center Names (AKS) (NUE) (RS) (RYI) (STLD) (X)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!