BMO Capital Downgrades Nokia (NOK) to Market Perform; End Market Too Tough
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BMO Capital downgraded Nokia (NYSE: NOK) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $4.00 (from $6.00), saying the end market is just too tough.
"While we are impressed with management execution on Alcatel-Lucent synergies, the deeper-than-expected decline in the end market will likely keep the stock in a trading range," analyst Tim Long said.
He added, "Nokia also hosted its capital markets day in Barcelona, and our takeaways are mixed. Although management sees some growth opportunities in adjacent markets, core spending will remain nearly flat through 2021, dipping further before 5G arrives."
The firm firm cut 2016/2017 EPS estimates to €0.16/€0.19 from €0.16/€0.21.
Shares of Nokia closed at $4.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Credit Suisse Downgrades Murphy Oil Corp. (MUR) to Underperform
- KLR Group Raise Price Target on Oasis Petroleum (OAS) to $22; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!