BMO Capital Downgrades Nokia (NOK) to Market Perform; End Market Too Tough
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BMO Capital downgraded Nokia (NYSE: NOK) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $4.00 (from $6.00), saying the end market is just too tough.
"While we are impressed with management execution on Alcatel-Lucent synergies, the deeper-than-expected decline in the end market will likely keep the stock in a trading range," analyst Tim Long said.
He added, "Nokia also hosted its capital markets day in Barcelona, and our takeaways are mixed. Although management sees some growth opportunities in adjacent markets, core spending will remain nearly flat through 2021, dipping further before 5G arrives."
The firm firm cut 2016/2017 EPS estimates to €0.16/€0.19 from €0.16/€0.21.
Shares of Nokia closed at $4.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Clean Harbors (CLH) to $60; Reiterates Buy
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!