BMO Capital Downgrades Eli Lilly (LLY) to Market Perform Following Sola's Failure
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital downgraded Eli Lilly (NYSE: LLY) from Outperform to Market Perform with a price target of $64.00 (from $91).
Analyst Alex Arfaei commented, "We believe Sola’s failure in EXPEDITION-3 is clearly a meaningfully negative event as it significantly lowers Lilly’s long-term growth prospects. We’ve lowered our Alzheimer’s pipeline forecast from $6Bn by 2024 to ~$2Bn to reflect lower risk adjusted expectations. We now forecast that Lilly can grow revenues by a CAGR of 3% from 2016 to 2020, below guidance of ~5% because of more cautious views for the diabetes franchise. We forecast ~12% EPS growth through 2020, and now value the stock at ~$64/share. Hence, we are downgrading LLY to Market Perform. This note contains our updated model and scenarios excluding Sola."
Shares of Eli Lilly closed at $75.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!