BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Wal-mart (WMT) to $63 Following Released Earnings Outlook
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BMO Capital maintained an Underperform rating on Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT), and cut the price target to $63.00 (from $67.00), following the company's release of its 2017-18 earnings outlook. 2017 earnings are expected to be about flat with 2016 and increase 5% in 2018 compared with prior guidance of 5%-10% in 2018.
Analyst Wayne Hood commented, "Our comments follow our initial impressions note where management reaffirmed its 2016 EPS guidance, but provided a 2017 and 2018 earnings outlook that was below expectations. We update our EPS outlook and reiterate our Underperform rating as EBIT/EPS growth looks to lag the consumer staples group and the market at large."
Shares of Wal-Mart closed at $67.98 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on General Dynamics (GD) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!