BMO Capital Cut Price Target on Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) to $19 Following 2Q
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BMO Capital maintained a Market Perform rating on Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF), and cut the price target to $19.00 (from $20.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. ANF reported adjusted EPS of ($0.25) vs. the Street expectation of ($0.20). The miss came primarily from a lower-than-expected gross margin which was driven by higher AUCs, partially offset by higher AUR.
Analyst John Morris commented, "ANF reported worse-than-expected earnings driven by weak tourism spending that was mostly concentrated in the A&F brand. While we believe that there is a turnaround story for the company, we remain on the sidelines for now with our limited visibility on the pace of the core A&F division turnaround. We are reducing our 2016 EPS estimate to $0.61 from $0.71 and are taking our price target down to $19, which reflects nearly 21x our 2017 EPS estimate."
Shares of Abercrombie & Fitch closed at $18.29 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS); Reiterates Outperform
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
- Oppenheimer Remains Bullish on Expedia (EXPE) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!