B. Riley Slashes Target on RadioShack (RSH) to $0; Sees Odds of Bankruptcy at Over 50%
- Top 10 News for 10/5 - 10/9: Twitter Names New CEO; Fed Cautious on Hike Amid Global Slowdown; GE Gets New Activist
- Wall Street ekes out small gain to cap strongest week of year
- DSV to Acquire UTi Worldwide (UTIW) in $1.35B Deal
- SolarWinds (SWI) Commences Review of Strategic Alternatives
- Barclays Downgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Underweight
B. Riley is taking its price target on RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) from $1 down to zero while maintaining a Sell rating following recent quarterly results.
Analyst Scott Tilghman noted that Q1 comps fell 14 percent, versus his expectation of a 12 percent drop and the Street at negative 9 percent.
The company blamed the broader CE market yet its comps were far worse than those of Best Buy for the comparable period suggesting market share is being ceded and traffic driving challenges persist. We expect sales declines to persist and think it will be nearly impossible for the company to drive traffic successfully without significant advertising expenditures or discounting at the expense of gross margin, the analyst noted.
Gross margin fell 370 basis points to 36.6 percent amid favorable inventory adjustments. While Tilghman sees that flattening, lagging sales will limit leverage opportunities.
Tilghman expands his FY14 loss per share from $2.60 out to $2.67.
Based on recent and expected cash burn, working capital and debt are likely to be at best, offsets to one another. We think a turnaround is nearly impossible for the company at this point, and think liquidation value is minimal,Tilghman said. He sees the odds of bankruptcy at over 50 percent for RadioShack.
RadioShack Corp. closed at $1.38 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Piper Jaffray Cuts Price target on AngioDynamics (ANGO) Following 1Q16 Results
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades Franklin Resources (BEN) to Hold
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Alcoa (AA) Following 7c EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesB. Riley, Bankruptcy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!