Axovant Sciences (AXON): Key Differences From Lundbeck - Piper Jaffray
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Charles Duncan, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Axovant Sciences (NYSE: AXON) after shares traded off when competitor, Lundbeck, announced that its first Phase III data with idalopirdine in Alzheimer’s missed the primary endpoint.
Idalopirdine shares the putative 5-HT6 antagonist MOA with Axovant’s RVT-101 but the analyst doesn't believe this result has predictive value for the ongoing '101 Phase III. Therefore he continues to see potential for this target in AD.
Key differences between the two candidates and Phase III programs:
-idalopirdine faced challenges on liver toxicity and potency
-this drug profile and protocol prioritized speed over thoroughness
In contrast, the analyst sees RVT-101 as the best-in-class 5-HT6 candidate and thinks its MINDSET trial is well designed to show clinical benefit. In addition, Axovant has already made significant progress on enrollment and in advance of 2017 results.
No change to the price target of $32.
Shares of Axovant Sciences closed at $15.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- Lam Research (LRCX): Great Quarter As Expected - Needham
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Harley-Davidson (HOG) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!