Axovant Sciences (AXON): Key Differences From Lundbeck - Piper Jaffray
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Charles Duncan, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Axovant Sciences (NYSE: AXON) after shares traded off when competitor, Lundbeck, announced that its first Phase III data with idalopirdine in Alzheimer’s missed the primary endpoint.
Idalopirdine shares the putative 5-HT6 antagonist MOA with Axovant’s RVT-101 but the analyst doesn't believe this result has predictive value for the ongoing '101 Phase III. Therefore he continues to see potential for this target in AD.
Key differences between the two candidates and Phase III programs:
-idalopirdine faced challenges on liver toxicity and potency
-this drug profile and protocol prioritized speed over thoroughness
In contrast, the analyst sees RVT-101 as the best-in-class 5-HT6 candidate and thinks its MINDSET trial is well designed to show clinical benefit. In addition, Axovant has already made significant progress on enrollment and in advance of 2017 results.
No change to the price target of $32.
Shares of Axovant Sciences closed at $15.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Upgrades CSX (CSX) to Outperform
- Perrigo Co. (PRGO): Cutting Estimates After Management Meeting - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!