Axovant Sciences (AXON), vTv Therapeutics (VTVT) Mechanisms Don't Overlap with Sola - Piper
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst Charles Duncan said Lilly's solanezumab failure doesn't change their perception of risk for Axovant Sciences (NYSE: AXON) or vTv Therapeutics (NASDAQ: VTVT), noting these candidates have mechanisms that do not overlap with sola.
Duncan commented, "Today the Phase III trial of solanezumab, a mAb to A-Beta, didn't reach the primary endpoint of cognition improvement in mild Alzheimer’s Disease. Although we acknowledge that sentiment is challenged for AD drug development and will remain so until a clear win is seen, we’re defending our AD thesis and current Overweight thesis on AXON and VTVT. Our AD thesis has been to focus on candidates with differentiated MOAs, especially those with compelling clinical data to inform Phase III trial design without multiple changes to endpoints or patient criteria. Therefore, the sola’ news doesn't change our perception of risk for either AXON’s RVT-101 or VTVT’s azeliragon – these candidates have mechanisms that do not overlap with sola’. In addition, while there are many contrasts between MINDSET and STEADFAST vs. EXPEDITION 3, the key one in our view is that MINDSET and STEADFAST are supported by positive, prospective Phase IIb datasets."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!