Axovant Sciences (AXON), vTv Therapeutics (VTVT) Mechanisms Don't Overlap with Sola - Piper
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst Charles Duncan said Lilly's solanezumab failure doesn't change their perception of risk for Axovant Sciences (NYSE: AXON) or vTv Therapeutics (NASDAQ: VTVT), noting these candidates have mechanisms that do not overlap with sola.
Duncan commented, "Today the Phase III trial of solanezumab, a mAb to A-Beta, didn't reach the primary endpoint of cognition improvement in mild Alzheimer’s Disease. Although we acknowledge that sentiment is challenged for AD drug development and will remain so until a clear win is seen, we’re defending our AD thesis and current Overweight thesis on AXON and VTVT. Our AD thesis has been to focus on candidates with differentiated MOAs, especially those with compelling clinical data to inform Phase III trial design without multiple changes to endpoints or patient criteria. Therefore, the sola’ news doesn't change our perception of risk for either AXON’s RVT-101 or VTVT’s azeliragon – these candidates have mechanisms that do not overlap with sola’. In addition, while there are many contrasts between MINDSET and STEADFAST vs. EXPEDITION 3, the key one in our view is that MINDSET and STEADFAST are supported by positive, prospective Phase IIb datasets."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Axovant Sciences (AXON) to Present Patient Function, Data Analyses from Phase 2b Study of AD Treatment at CTAD
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN) at Buy
- BWS Financial Cuts Price Target on Sigma Designs (SIGM) to $5.00
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!