Axovant Sciences (AXON), vTv Therapeutics (VTVT) Mechanisms Don't Overlap with Sola - Piper
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray analyst Charles Duncan said Lilly's solanezumab failure doesn't change their perception of risk for Axovant Sciences (NYSE: AXON) or vTv Therapeutics (NASDAQ: VTVT), noting these candidates have mechanisms that do not overlap with sola.
Duncan commented, "Today the Phase III trial of solanezumab, a mAb to A-Beta, didn't reach the primary endpoint of cognition improvement in mild Alzheimer’s Disease. Although we acknowledge that sentiment is challenged for AD drug development and will remain so until a clear win is seen, we’re defending our AD thesis and current Overweight thesis on AXON and VTVT. Our AD thesis has been to focus on candidates with differentiated MOAs, especially those with compelling clinical data to inform Phase III trial design without multiple changes to endpoints or patient criteria. Therefore, the sola’ news doesn't change our perception of risk for either AXON’s RVT-101 or VTVT’s azeliragon – these candidates have mechanisms that do not overlap with sola’. In addition, while there are many contrasts between MINDSET and STEADFAST vs. EXPEDITION 3, the key one in our view is that MINDSET and STEADFAST are supported by positive, prospective Phase IIb datasets."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- High VCN Number at ASH Bodes Well for bluebird bio (BLUE) - Maxim Group
- Stemline Therapeutics (STML) SL-401 Data at ASH Shows Consistent Efficacy in BPDCN - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!