Axovant Sciences (AXON), vTv Therapeutics (VTVT) Mechanisms Don't Overlap with Sola - Piper
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst Charles Duncan said Lilly's solanezumab failure doesn't change their perception of risk for Axovant Sciences (NYSE: AXON) or vTv Therapeutics (NASDAQ: VTVT), noting these candidates have mechanisms that do not overlap with sola.
Duncan commented, "Today the Phase III trial of solanezumab, a mAb to A-Beta, didn't reach the primary endpoint of cognition improvement in mild Alzheimer’s Disease. Although we acknowledge that sentiment is challenged for AD drug development and will remain so until a clear win is seen, we’re defending our AD thesis and current Overweight thesis on AXON and VTVT. Our AD thesis has been to focus on candidates with differentiated MOAs, especially those with compelling clinical data to inform Phase III trial design without multiple changes to endpoints or patient criteria. Therefore, the sola’ news doesn't change our perception of risk for either AXON’s RVT-101 or VTVT’s azeliragon – these candidates have mechanisms that do not overlap with sola’. In addition, while there are many contrasts between MINDSET and STEADFAST vs. EXPEDITION 3, the key one in our view is that MINDSET and STEADFAST are supported by positive, prospective Phase IIb datasets."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TransDigm (TDG) Valeant Comparison 'Nothing New', Tweet Risk Low and Would Use Weakness to Buy - Credit Suisse
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- Barclays Upgrades Southwestern Energy (SWN) to Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!