AveXis (AVXS) PT Raised to $50 at Jefferies on Evidence of Trial Patient Walking
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst Biren Amin reiterated a Buy rating and boosted his price target on AveXis (NASDAQ: AVXS) to $50.00 (from $42.00) after they found a patient they believe is in the AVXS-101 trial whose parents posted a video of her walking.
While the firm does not have 100% confirmation that this patient is indeed in the AVXS trial, they think there's a strong likelihood that she is in the AVXS-101 trial.
"We believe her achievement to walk is significant given that she a Type 1 SMA baby w/ 2 copy number and would not in any normal circumstance be expected to walk (walking seen in Type 3 SMA). Our finding comes ahead of AVXS' plan to disclose patient data on motor milestones from its PI trial later this year."
Shares of AveXis closed at $41.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on W.R. Grace & Co. (GRA); Reiterates Buy
- Jefferies Remains Bullish Following Owens Corning's (OC) 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Essendant (ESND) to $18 Following EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, S1
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!