AveXis (AVXS) PT Raised to $50 at Jefferies on Evidence of Trial Patient Walking
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies analyst Biren Amin reiterated a Buy rating and boosted his price target on AveXis (NASDAQ: AVXS) to $50.00 (from $42.00) after they found a patient they believe is in the AVXS-101 trial whose parents posted a video of her walking.
While the firm does not have 100% confirmation that this patient is indeed in the AVXS trial, they think there's a strong likelihood that she is in the AVXS-101 trial.
"We believe her achievement to walk is significant given that she a Type 1 SMA baby w/ 2 copy number and would not in any normal circumstance be expected to walk (walking seen in Type 3 SMA). Our finding comes ahead of AVXS' plan to disclose patient data on motor milestones from its PI trial later this year."
Shares of AveXis closed at $41.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades American Express (AXP) to Overweight
- Jefferies Downgrades Devon Energy (DVN) to Hold
- Cowen Raises Price Target on GigOptix (GIG) to $4 Following 4Q Pre-announcement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, S1
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!