AveXis (AVXS) PT Raised to $50 at Jefferies on Evidence of Trial Patient Walking
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst Biren Amin reiterated a Buy rating and boosted his price target on AveXis (NASDAQ: AVXS) to $50.00 (from $42.00) after they found a patient they believe is in the AVXS-101 trial whose parents posted a video of her walking.
While the firm does not have 100% confirmation that this patient is indeed in the AVXS trial, they think there's a strong likelihood that she is in the AVXS-101 trial.
"We believe her achievement to walk is significant given that she a Type 1 SMA baby w/ 2 copy number and would not in any normal circumstance be expected to walk (walking seen in Type 3 SMA). Our finding comes ahead of AVXS' plan to disclose patient data on motor milestones from its PI trial later this year."
Shares of AveXis closed at $41.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG) Following 3Q; Reiterates Hold
- Karyopharm Therapeutics (KPTI):Selinexor At ASH Could Drive Upside - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, S1
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!