AveXis (AVXS) PT Raised to $50 at Jefferies on Evidence of Trial Patient Walking
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst Biren Amin reiterated a Buy rating and boosted his price target on AveXis (NASDAQ: AVXS) to $50.00 (from $42.00) after they found a patient they believe is in the AVXS-101 trial whose parents posted a video of her walking.
While the firm does not have 100% confirmation that this patient is indeed in the AVXS trial, they think there's a strong likelihood that she is in the AVXS-101 trial.
"We believe her achievement to walk is significant given that she a Type 1 SMA baby w/ 2 copy number and would not in any normal circumstance be expected to walk (walking seen in Type 3 SMA). Our finding comes ahead of AVXS' plan to disclose patient data on motor milestones from its PI trial later this year."
Shares of AveXis closed at $41.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
- Nu Skin (NUS) PT Trimmed to $55 at Jefferies Following Management Changes as Guidance Can Weigh
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, S1
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!